Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Summer Trip 2017 - Salt Lake City

Dear Readers,

We intended to get up early and see the sun rise over the Great Salt Lake, but we didn't get going fast enough.

So we had a leisurely breakfast then headed out.  We went to a couple of quilt shops on the hop list and had a nice time.  We found another one of those roadside attractions and took photos.  The fun thing about those are they are super fast stops, and fun things to see.



Then we headed to the Tracy Aviary and walked around to see the birds.  I love birds and it was fun.  They had a nice place there where a lot of the larger birds were ones that had been injured so would no longer be able to survive in the wild.  It was a nice walk there.




After the Tracy Aviary we got a late lunch and then we went to the Mormon family history center.  We went upstairs to do some family history searches and were each assigned an elder to teach us their system.  I had the cutest old guy and he and I were having a great time do research on my family tree.  Celeste got an older guy who was struggling.  We were only going to stay there an hour or two, but ended up being there about 4 hours.  So when we left we were ready to get outside and do some hiking.



We headed out the Great Salt Lake to do a hike Celeste had found for us,  she is a master at finding cool things for us to do.  I am not sure of the name of this hike, I wish I had taken a photo of each trail head.  I am going to try to remember to do that from now on.   We started up this hike and my blisters started bothering me too much for me to continue.  Celeste still wanted to see the view from the top of the ridge, so she went off trail and scampered up the mountain in no time.   These were taken between 6:30 and 7:40 PM.  Wish we had been just a little later, but it was still beautiful.
We stopped on the way back and got different blister pads for my toes and ate our leftovers for supper.







We ran a load of laundry as we knew we might not have those facilities at the next airbnb.  So it would be nice to have everything clean again.

Next stop Zion National Park

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment