Monday, July 31, 2017

Barn Quilts

Dear Readers,

I have always loved spotting a barn quilt when out on a road trip.  Celeste and I spotted lots of them when we were out and about on our summer trip.
In the Columbus/Caledonia Mississippi area Rita Williams has been a prolific barn quilter.  This is a picture the Keri Lewis took and posted on FB.   Last Saturday Rita shared her techniques with a group of us,  teaching us to barn quilt.

We had such a nice time.  Rita's church was generous and let us paint in their fellowship hall.  Several times during the day, I thought how the sounds of happy voices and ladies working and visiting was so nice.  I had a wonderful day.  Here are some photos of some of the barn quilts we painted.



And the finished products!!








I know there were some I missed getting photos of.  But it was a really fun day.

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment