Monday, July 3, 2017

Summer Trip 2017 - Jackson Hole and Horse back riding

Dear Readers,

So for our last day, we kind of did not plan as well as before.  We tried a hike near Jackson Hole, but it turned out to be a really straight road through a field, without much to look at.  We decided we didn't want to do that, so we drove the road, and there really was not much to see but a few prairie dogs.

So we made reservations to go horse back riding.  Since we had some time to kill, we did a little shopping in Jackson Hole.  Neither of us are big shoppers.  So we walked around and we bought a few souvenirs.  Then headed to the horseback riding near the Grand Tetons.

Let me say that I do not normally ride, and neither does Celeste.  We were put on horses and they adjusted the stirrups for us, and off we went.


 We headed up a mountain to get good view of the area and take some pictures.  When we got to the top a small front came along and with the thundering and some rain,  the horses started to get nervous and were kind of skittish.  The lady who was stopped next me horse started to back up, so my horse started to back up too. Her horse looked like it might go over the edge of the ridge and mine was headed that way too...I kicked mine as hard as I could and she got away from the edge.  The other ladies started over and the guide rode over and grabbed the lead and pulled them back up.  It was a little scary.  I thought for a bit that she and her horse might fall as the drop off was pretty steep.  They decided picture time was over and we headed back down.   Since mine was still very nervous, the other guide grabbed my lead too and lead my horse till she calmed down.






After we rode, we went to a barbecue place for supper.  It was good, but I think I like Southern barbecue better.  Headed home a little early so we could do laundry and get things organized to leave in the morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment