It has been a couple of months since I have posted, but not a lot of quilting has been going on. Last nine weeks I did way too much testing so school was my main focus. I was desperately trying to get my Algebra II students to memorize the formulas that would make them be successful on the ACT. Not sure it worked. Some were extremely good but the average ones were a little lower than I would have liked.
As you can deduce from the title I did make a decision on the alternate blocks from the Bonnie Hunter Allietare Mystery quilt. I am so happy with the result. And to make things even better, I was asked to make a quilt for the local junior league and it is just right for that purpose. Using the alternate blocks I set them on point with the setting directions from the mystery quilt and ended up with a quilt that is about 46 x 68. That makes a nice sized throw. I put a hanging sleeve on the top as the junior league will need to display it.
Betty Lewis, of Louisville, MS did the quilting. I had asked for a white thread, and the pattern she used on Judy Stokes last mystery quilt and she made the choice for an off white, which looks outstanding!! So glad she did that. This is one of the advantages of having your long armer getting to know what you like!
Here is a couple of close up of the quilting:
I have really gotten into binding things with striped fabric and on the bias. I had this mostly left from another project and rummaged through my small pieces and added enough that it worked out perfectly to bind this project. Y'all know I am the slowest hand stitcher on the planet, and when I bind something with a black binding I am even slower. These old eyes aren't what they used to be.
Here is a picture of the back.
The back is more a traditional red tartan so that may fit more folks homes.
Next to work on the quilt for a sweet couple that is getting married.
I will try to do better on regular updates!