Sunday, January 24, 2016

Two small finishes! (Almost)

Dear Readers,

I had two small finishes this week...well they are all finished except writing out the label.

I finished another one of the small tops that I was practicing a quilting technique I saw on the craftsy class by Jacquie Gering.  Still need a name for this one.

I used the Bernina to do a serpentine stitch in horizontal rows.

The second finish was my MQA challenge.  I had already cut a bunch of tumblers in various sizes to do Bonnie Hunter's leader ender for this year.  So I used them and made my 25 by 25 inch quilt to meet that challenge.  I have also been taking the Leah Day free motion class from Craftsy so I did a different free motion quilting design on each of the neutral tumblers.  I believe I am going to call this "Thimbles".

Working on binding the antique top and quilting the scrappy mountains.  I decided to quilt it to kind of look like a topographical map.  So that meant walking foot work across the quilt.  I am having some issues with rippling...maybe the tension is too much on the presser foot. Not sure.  Maybe a good pressing when done will take care of it. We will see.

Got to get ready for Sunday School now.

Sew you later.



  1. You do such good work, Terry. Beautiful. I have some Craftsy classes that I have purchased that I need to get into also. The free motion quilting is so nice.

  2. Great name for your tumbler quilt. So proud of you getting "with it" on the quilting. I need to do that as well!!