Saturday, January 2, 2016

Craftsy 2012 Block of the Month quilt finished!

Dear Readers,

I finished a quilt that I have wanted to finish for quite some time.  It was the craftsy block of the month quilt I made for my bedroom.

My mother, Rebecca Turnage, was an artist, an art teacher, wife, mother, and fun lady.  She did a series of paintings using paper towels and watercolors.  I have hung a bunch of these in my bed room.  Several years ago, I was the president of the Possum Town Quilters.  Boy that seems to be a life time ago.  Well part of our goals was to mentor new quilters.  I thought the craftsy block of the month quilt class by Amy Gibson would be a great place to start.  They would do lots of different blocks and see lots of techniques.  Of course I did the blocks too.  Well when the year was up, (a year in which I changed jobs and moved)  I wanted the quilt to be a bit bigger, and there were a couple of blocks I wanted to change out, so I set the project aside.  I was in the midst of a renovation and was teaching calculus for the first time.

Anyway this year, I finally got my sewing area set up and it has been such a blessing.  I love coming in here in the evening and usually accomplish something almost every day.

I used this painting as my inspiration for the colors.  I designed the center block to reflect this painting.

By the way it was quilted by Betty Lewis of Louisville, MS.

 Here it is on my bed, don't you think it brightens up the room?


the back

the label
 The whole thing!
This makes we want to start the upholstery project...I have a chair I am planning to do in burnt orange.  To go in my bedroom.  I also want to redo the pad on the chest at the foot of the bed.

Sew on!

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment