Wednesday, January 13, 2016

25 x 25 Challenge and Scrappy Mountains

Dear Readers,

Julia Graber, incoming Mississippi Quilt Association (MQA), issued a challenge to make a 25 x 25 in quilt for our 25th Anniversary.  I had some tumblers cut out so I made that up into a quilt top.  Once I get it quilted, I will trim the borders to make the quilt 25 x 25.  That will make them different widths on the top / bottom and sides, but that will be OK.  Here is a link to Bonnie Hunter's page about tumblers. 
 I also got the borders on a scrappy mountain quilt I have been working on after a long search for my tape measure.  It was right where it was supposed to be, but I just wasn't seeing it.  Don't you hate that?  Here are two different shots of it.  This is another free Bonnie Hunter pattern.  Click here to link to the page.

I have two of the Allietare quilt blocks, but when I was working on them I was having a dyslexic day and had to rip the star block apart twice!!  So it is going to have to wait till I am not tired.
Here are my two blocks!  I am excited to get back to that!  Time to get ready for work!

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment