Sunday, January 31, 2016

Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry Show Oxford, MS 2016





Dear Readers,

This is a repeat of the photos I put on Facebook, so if we are Facebook friends you have already seen these....so read on if you haven't or if you want to look at them again...they are that good!  If you get a chance to go to Oxford, MS please make time to go by the University Museum.  The show will be there until April 16.

The quilting really helped give dimension to the dancers' bodies.





Caryl (on left) with Martha Ginn, an outstanding Mississippi Quilt Artist



This was her first quilt, made from drapery samples. 

This was made from a photo of crop circles and an article about them that said they represent the first ten digits of pi.  You can see some of the digits in the next photo.



A number of my friends from the Columbus Guild, Possum Town Quilters, came.  Here is Julia Graber She is an outstanding quilter too...she has won several national awards.  





being interviewed by the Oxford Press
This is probably one of her most famous works, but the metallic thread made a good photo difficult.

Caryl dies a lot of her own fabrics in order to get the gradations she is looking for.  Notice that the quilting is amazing and free hand done...no programmed machines.


This is done with pleats.  Wish I had taken a close up of it.
You know I always love this kind of design.












Check out my friend Naomi's pics...Click here.  It is interesting to see what she took.  I love all the close-ups of the quilting that she took.  

Naomi also had a link to Caryl's web page.  To see professional quality photos of Caryl's work  Click here.

I loved the exhibit, I will have to try to do some more art quilts!

Sew long, Terry







2 comments:

  1. Love your pics!! Wow, that was an awesome and inspiring exhibit!
    Thank you for adding my link in your post. I edited mine to add your blog post link :). Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pics!! Wow, that was an awesome and inspiring exhibit!
    Thank you for adding my link in your post. I edited mine to add your blog post link :). Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete