Sunday, October 4, 2015

NQA Show in June 2015

Dear Readers,

Last June I went to a quilt show offered by the National Quilt Association.  It is a smaller show than some of the others.  Some friends and I met there and took some classes and went through the show.  It was delightful.  Judy Stokes had some quilts that had been accepted into a juried show and so did another friend of mine Julia Graber.  So we wanted to see them and Lauren and I wanted to take a class on modern quilting as we are both a little perfectionist, at times, which stops us from producing because it is hard to be perfect.

Julia won an award for this quilt https://www.facebook.com/nqaquilts.  So proud of both of these ladies.

Lauren, Eva Marie (Judy's sister) and I all enjoyed our class with Christa Watson.  Here is a link to her blog.  There are links to the classes she teaches and in her shop has her patterns and other things for sale.   She is a very encouraging and fun teacher.   Anyway, Lauren was making a quilt in Red, White and Blue for use for picnics, tail gating and the 4th of July.  Lauren is an Ole Miss Grad so she picked the patriotic/Ole Miss colors for her quilts.  I decided to do mine in teals, browns and a little red thrown in for fun.  I waited too late to write this as I cannot remember Eva Marie's colors.  Eva Marie has finished her quilt but I have not seen it.  I did not take near enough photos on this trip!!

Christ with her sample quilt.

Lauren's and mine are still in the WIP (work in progress) stage.  When I can get to it, I really liked the process.  It is really freeing.  There are mine on my design cover (wall).




I was hoping to have the quilt finished before writing this post.  But decided to go ahead and write it before I forgot everything I saw.

Weight is still the same...no progress and no backsliding.  I am going to have to add exercise if it is to move more....sigh.

Sew long.

Terry



No comments:

Post a Comment