Friday, November 27, 2020

O Tannenbaum

 Dear Readers,

Last year when I was at Celeste's house she said that she doesn't put up a tree as her apartment is small and there is no space.  As I was looking for a pattern that I had bought to make a baby quilt out of, I found this paper-pieced pattern that I bought a while ago call Tall Trim The Tree by Cindi Edgerton.  I decided I needed to make this for her place so she would have a Christmas tree in her home.  It was a bit different from other paper pieced patterns as it was printed on tissue paper, like what old school patterns were printed on.  That made it a bit challenging as it does not add any stability for when you are piecing.  

It finished at 28 x 78 so it is tall like a Christmas Tree!  I sewed snowflake shaped buttons in silver and White on the tree, both to decorate it and as a place you could hang other ornaments!

I quilted this on my sit down long arm as I wanted to write around the edge and I didn't think I would be able to write sideways or upside down.  I wrote part of the scripture from the Christmas story in gold in the outer border,  Merry Christmas on the bottom.  I quilted what I hoped would look like falling snow flakes in the white, grey areas and I quilted the tree with a variegated green in what I hope looked like texture of a tree.  

Put it in a mailing tube and sent it out to Colorado.  I hope it brings you joy, Celeste!




Merry Christmas.

Sew on,

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment