Wednesday, November 25, 2020

A Baby Quilt - Blooms


 Dear Readers,

This fall I got an invitation for a baby quilt for a teacher at my school that I had taught with for some time,  so I decided to make up a quilt I had been thinking of and had actually cut out, but not made.  

I used the disappearing nine patch block.  I did not use a charm pack but some scraps from a set of fat quarters of Kaffe-Fassett fabric that I had purchased and made a heart quilt out of last winter.  Here is a tutorial on how to do a disappearing nine patch put out by Missouri Star.  

I named this quilt "Blooms". It was amost 60 inches square.  My only regret is I wish I had scaled the quilting down a bit as parts of it seem too big.  I was able to use up some older fabric on the back.  Some that would probably not made it into many tops!  About a 2 yard win!






It is Thanksgiving week.  I have been trying to catch up on a number of things this week.  So thankful for the time off of work.  I really needed the reset.  I pray each of you and your families take time to thank God for all the blessing we have in this day and age.  I know we have all had a tough year, but if you start looking at our blessings, we are really, really blessed.


Here if a picture of the sweet one using her quilt.


Sew on,

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment