Sunday, September 20, 2015

Challenge Blocks

Dear Readers,

Each year Possum Town Quilters issues a challenge to the members to make a block and those blocks are assembled into a quilt for the Columbus Arts Center.  They in turn either raffle or auction the quilt, to raise money for the arts center.  This years challenge was to make a block with a building on it.  It could be no taller than 8.5 inches tall and could be between 8.5 and 12.5 inches wide.   You had to use some of the sky fabric provided and some of the green for the grass provided.   I made two blocks this year....


I was pretty happy with this one... so I made another.  I was inspired by the art of    Diane Britton Dunham.  She had a painting called Christmas in Gullah, that had a quilt hanging outside a cook shack with some Gullah celebrating in the yard.  I tried to do the building, but I didn't do it justice.


I have tried to make it go right side up, but the internet defeated me tonight.  I deleted it.  Re-edited the photo.  Closed the program and then put it in again...still sideways.  UGH.

Stayed up too late last night watching Ole Miss take down Alabama....so I need to call it a night.  

Sew long,

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment