Monday, July 2, 2012

Kaleidoscope challenge

The latest challenge from the Possum Town Quilters was to create a kaleidoscope block that would finish at 12 inches.  Most of the examples I found, were much larger blocks so the challenge for me was to create a block that size that would have the look of a kaleidoscope.  I started by drawing lots of possibilities on freezer paper...since it is large enough to be cut to 12.5 x 12.5.  You had to use a recognizable amount of the challenge fabric and surround it with a tone on tone black.  Everyone's packet looked a little different.  You could add any other fabrics you liked too.





After I came up with a drawing I liked I paper pieced my block....you can tell that others did other techniques, mine is not the first block, but is in the group.  The ones without numbers did not turn in by the deadline, so they will not be voted on as favorite.  These will be shown at the RAC as the Possum Town Quilters are the featured show this month.  Come in and vote on your favorite.























No comments:

Post a Comment