Saturday, September 28, 2024

Ring True

 Hey Readers,

Hope all are well and particularly my readers that were in the path of Helene.  We are praying for you, I was in Augusta when the storm hit and the devastation is wide and heavy.  It will be a long recovery period.  I haven't been able to reach my brother, his wife or their (grown) kids.  Please pray that they are all OK.   

So, back to quilting...I made another cowbell quilt. Naming this one Ring True.  This is the second of the three I am making for our ministers.   I took Lauren's suggestion and made it with a khaki colored background.  I like it too.  Not sure which I like better.  


This one is for Charlie and Nancy Parkerson, as he is our youth minister.  That being said he has changed my life too.  He used to be the principal at Winona High and gave me a job, when I was ready to walk away from education.  I really enjoyed my 10 years at Winona High.  He was a wonderful principal.  He loved his students and staff.  I always felt supported and backed with Charlie in charge.  After his career in education he was called to be a youth minister.  He has been knocking it out of the park on that too.  He and Nancy are always opening their home to the kids and taking them on lots of trips.  They have definitely made a big impact on the students lives.  Charlie also took the old folks under his wing and has driven us to plays, luncheons and hosts an exercise group twice a week.  Also leads a bible study for adults to read the bible through in a year.  

I am going to have the youth the and church members sign the back.  The scripture is going to be Pslams 33:4 For the word of Lord is right and true, his faithful in all he does. I was going to put a second verse to that is 1 Thessalonians 2:11-12 For you know how, like a father with his children, And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it.  


I quilted it with a baptist fan pattern, I thought that was fun to use for a baptist minister!

If you are interested in reading about how to make one these for yourself check out the instructions I wrote on the first one I made... it is called More Cowbells and was published August 2023.  Here is a link to that post.  

Be safe out there.

Sew on,


Terry 

No comments:

Post a Comment