Friday, October 18, 2019

Clever Companions

Dear Readers,

My niece had a baby in July.  So I found out her theme was woodland animals.  So, since I loved the fox designed by Elizabeth Harman, I decided to use that.  I had bought her pattern Fancy Forest about a year before.  If you need her book/pattern you might want to check out her page here.

I decided to do it in soft clear colors with a grunge for the background.  I mostly used my scrappy stash for this.  I did buy the grunge for the background.   I found a cute print for the backing that had forest friends on it.  I also made a pillow slip and a crib sheet to send to her too.



I was telling one of my friends, Theresa Pino (an award winning quilter) about the quilt and she suggested I quilt it with a wood grain look...it would give the animals some feel of fur and variety in texture.  I decided to do that!  I quilted this on the sit down quilter.

Here are some close ups of the quilting and the back.




Called this one "Clever Companions".  Enjoy James Dwight S.


Sew long,

Terry


No comments:

Post a Comment