Saturday, November 14, 2015

Long arm quilting class

Hey readers,

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day here in Mississippi.  One of those fall days that is bright, clear, crisp and cool.  Just a perfect day.  I got up and drove to Ridgeland Berninia Sewing Etc store to take a certification class to be able to rent a long arm machine.  To buy this sweet baby would not be worth it for the number of quilts I do...unless I did it as a business.  I don't think that is my calling at this point.

It was fun and I need a LOT more practice... many of my curves were not curved, so there will be a learning curve....pun intended.   I booked the machine for the Monday of Thanksgiving week and I bought some olive material that was marked down to use as the backing.  Since I am not happy with my Easy street quilt, I am going to use it as my practice quilt.


Before they let me test drive this baby, they showed us how to put zippers on the the backing.  That will allow you to quickly put your backing on the long arm.  



I was better at the sit down machine, but I don't see me renting it, as I have my Juki at home.  It does have the advantage as it has a stitch regulator on it and my Juki doesn't.  So I will need to finish getting my Easy Street top together to use as a practice piece.

Sew on!!

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment