Wednesday, March 11, 2015

More about our Ultimate Guild Challenge Quilts

Dear Readers,

I thought you would like to see the photos of the other Magnolia quilts, both selected and not, because all are really good.  These pictures were taken by Keri.  She did a wonderful job.

Naomi's is hand pieced and quilted.  Her flower is 3D.  Cool.
By Naomi
Julia's has the micro quilting that she has gotten so good at.  I love her use of color.
By Julia
 Barb did a paper pieced work that is wonderful.
By Barbara
 Watana also included 3D elements.  Love the variation in the leaf fabrics.
By Watana
 Brenda used pieced diamonds to do her quilt.  If you have ever pieced with fabric that is not on the grain you would know this is a spectacular work.  I also like the colors in the diamonds.
By Brenda
 Mary Anne painted her picture on fabric then quilted it.  I really like how she used some irregular quilting to make the frame look more like wood.
By Mary Anne
 CC took a selfie with her I-pad and then made it a quilt.  This is an amazing work of art.  You really need to see it, and the others in person.  The bead work and the details of the hair blowing is amazing.
By CC


Linda paper pieced using the same patten as Barb.  Isn't it amazing how fabric choices change the look of a quilt?  Nice clean lines.

By Linda B.
Tonya's quilts always seem to have a feeling of playfulness.  I love the children running on the hill chasing the butterfly's.  One of the girls under the tree is reading the Bible.
By Tonya

 Carol had wonderful use of color and workmanship.
By Carol J.
Linda G came up with an original design combining a tree limb and a table decoration.
By Linda G.



There were two other magnolia quilts that were taken home before Keri & I got to get pictures of them.. :(.

Hope you enjoyed looking at them.

I will post some pictures of what I have been working on this spring break on the next post.  So far no progress on the projects other than errand being run and things set up to be worked on.  Slight set back today when I was changing a water filter and bumped the supply line and caused it to start spewing water all over the place, but I guess I needed to mop anyway.  Tax information is taken to the tax man and some other business stuff taken care of.  It feels good to check those things off.

Sew long.


No comments:

Post a Comment