Friday, December 12, 2014

Giving up Diet Coke

Hey Readers,

During the Thanksgiving holidays I decided it was the perfect time to give up diet cokes.  I did pretty well over the holiday, but upon returning to work, it has been tough.  I am getting so little done during my planning period, and even if I get going in the afternoon, I feel as tho I am slugging through mud.  I am not trying to avoid caffeine, but am concerned with the artificial ingredients in our foods.  I have been moving toward eating more and more organic foods and fewer processed foods.  I have never been a big processed food eater, but as a single person more of those type products have crept into my diet.  It is just so easy for small amounts.

When Will, my son, came for my birthday, he brought a 6 pack of unsweet tea for my lunch box.  That has helped a bunch but I am still struggling.  I think I am past the worst of it…I even took the 16 or so diet cokes I had here over to the school to put in the faculty refrigerator, for whom ever wants them.

No change in weight or really how I feel, but I know it will be better for me.

It is a bad time of year to be short of energy.  But will continue to fight the good fight.



No comments:

Post a Comment