Sunday, February 26, 2012

MQA Feb 2012 Gathering

fractured quilting
I had to miss the Friday night portion of the gathering, but I understand the kids from Mississippi School of the Arts did a great job.  I did get to go to the go to Saturday session and it was wonderful.  First we had a lot of announcements of quilt shows around the state.  There are a lot coming up.  Then Rhonda Burlingame was sick so another member got up and did the program on fussy cutting.  She showed some quilts using a technique she call fractured quilting.  Isn't that a cool look?  I am not sure I want to do that, but it is seriously cool.

Q

Showing members pictures of her quilts on her ipad.
Next Diane Williams, a storyteller and art quilter, came and told us a story and told us about her quilting journey.

Next up was a bed turning.  They had asked people to bring antique quilts.  I brought 2 quilts that my grandmother, Frances Turnage had made and 4 quilts that my great grandmother, Connie Billingsley, on my mother's side had made.  They were a big hit.


After a nice lunch they had Joan Alliston did a program on Dear Jane quilts.  These are made with 4.5 inch blocks....I feel them calling my name...but I must resist till I get some things off of my plate.

Finally, my dear friend, Judy, wearing the print jacket, was installed as president.  She will do a great job.

and of course there was great shopping.  Love our quilt show vendors!


No comments:

Post a Comment