Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Minor innovation

Hey,

Yesterday I was supposed to go take a tennis lesson, but after a hard day at work, I just sat on the couch and fell asleep. I got up at 6:45 and went upstairs to sew, but was falling asleep at the sewing machine, so I caved and went to bed at 7:30.  Slept till 4:30 this morning, so I must have needed it.


 So today I am going to show a minor renovation I made in my sewing room.  I built a shelf and cut a hole in the counter so the bed of the machine sits level with the counter.  I got the hole a little too wide, but overall I am very happy.  Then the bolt heads were causing the fabric to get caught up so I borrowed my brother Jeff's router and routed out an area for them so that would be level too.  I obviously need some practice with the router, but it is ok for what it is.  Another unintended benefit is that the cords now run under the counter instead of over it  :-).





view of the shelf from under side.
I used wing nuts to hold the shelf up

1 comment: