Tuesday, October 1, 2024

van Dyke's Joyful, Joyful

 Hey Readers,

Another finish!!  This is the third one, it is for the minister of music.  The pattern is called Piano Quilt by WANAQLT I just want to Quilt!  Here is a link to her Etsy store.  My quilt is  62 x 70 because I added a border.  This quilt is for James and he loves a toe tapping tune so I thought the Name van Dyke's Joyful Joyful was the perfect name.  Decided on Psalms 100:2.  Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into His presence with singing!  

I was using mostly blacks and if I could find it blacks with music prints.  Did the same with the lights.  I loved the look of it.  I really struggled with the quilting.  It was really hard to do a pantagraph with a long straight line.  Feel like it looks like it was done by a kindergartner!  



The back I used some of my leftover wide strips to go on either side of the signing bar.  Still have a lot left.  I am going to give some to Dorinda who tries to put a bit of music fabric in each of her quilts.  




Now to try to get everyone to sign them without the pastors finding out!!


Sew on,

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment