Sunday, September 10, 2023

Summer Dreams

 Dear Readers,  

Had a long time finish last week, but had not had time to write it up.  I finished a Bonnie Hunter quilt that I had started in 2018.  Bonnie's pattern was called Winston Ways, but I renamed it Summer Dreams.



This quilt has a somewhat weird story.  I took a class from Bonnie Hunter that Mississippi Quilt Association had sponsored for their annual Summer Gathering.  This pattern takes a lot of red and white four patches, I won't give the number as it would violate copy rights.  So after the class I made lots and lots of 4 patches.  Within a short period of time I had the four patches done.  I then I kitted up the other the other parts, putting the parts for each block in a ziplock bag.  Then it sat for a long time.  It was sidelined for other projects took priority.  Then last Spring I took the position of temporary librarian at Winona High School.  The librarian monitored 4 classes of on line learning, but that left 3 free periods a day.  After two days, I knew I had to bring a project up to work on when I just had to keep the library open, but not in charge of students except if someone came to turn in or check out a book.  So I went home and packed up the project a travel iron, featherweight and other sewing supplies.  I decided this was the time to work on this Bonnie project.  This quilt is in her book, More Adventures With Leaders and Enders.  That means it is designed to be done in-between other quilts, but I decided to do it in-between the other classes. So I would try to finish 2 blocks a day, so that I could be done by the end of school.  So I did it.  I finished by the end of school, but I had a couple of trips planned and didn't get to quilt it till July.  

The Back



No comments:

Post a Comment