Saturday, September 16, 2023

Be Like Mike

 Dear Readers,

One of Celeste's dear friends is having a baby boy.  Celeste called me and wanted me to make a quilt with an LSU theme as the parents to be are both big LSU fans.  I am a big MSU and Ole Miss fan, so it is hard to make an LSU quilt, but the mom to be is such a sweet lady, that I did it.  I decided with would be happy to make her a quilt.  So I found a pattern by Elizabeth Hartman called Antonia Tiger.  Celeste and I decided to make it in LSU colors.  


I had enough purple and gold fabrics from the stash but found the purplish grey for the background and purchased it.  I also bought small cuts of any SEC school that I did not have in my collection and LSU fabric for the back and for a pillow slip.  I usually give my quilts with a pillow slip to store the quilt in and to be used with the quilt.  I also remembered from when Celeste and Jill lived together that Celeste said Jill liked to watch all the SEC football games.  So I put a panel in the back with a patch for all the SEC schools that will be current next year.  I did that because the grad school that Celeste and Jill attended was University of Texas and they will be in the SEC next year, so if I was including that I needed to include the other new schools.  

I did something new with the label.  Celeste had the idea that the girls that she and Jill were friends with would each make a label to go on the back to I sent them each a couple of white squares and a fabric marker, but the postal system only got one of them to me on time, so I put a bunch of blank blocks on the back and will give Jill a marker to have them write their messages to the child or parents on the back.  


Baby shower is tomorrow so I might add photos before I post this.  I did not take any pictures of her getting the quilt, but I sure enjoyed her reaction.  

Sew on,

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment