Sunday, July 17, 2022

Nestled

This quilt was made for Chloe Bell.  She is a precious little girl, and I wanted to try a stack and whack, one block wonder quilt. At the Spring Gathering 2020 in February several of the Starkville ladies told about their one block wonder quilts.  I was intrigued.  A couple of weeks later at the beginning of Spring Break Lauren, a good friend,  and I were at the West Alabama Quilt Guild's Show in 2020 just before the world shut down.   I saw this fabric at one of the venders and I thought was so soft and pretty and thought it looked like something a little girl would like.  So I bought the fabric and some pink to go with it, as I knew that was her favorite color.  


So I read Magic Stack and Whack book a couple of times, and made my half hexies.  Then I was kind of stuck on how to arrange them.  My friend Marilyn Rose, who has made a lot of one block wonder or stack and whack quilts met with me to go to a quilt store in Vicksburg.  She talked to me about design and layout options.  When I got home I played with the math a bit and decided to put a small panel in the center showing a big piece of the fabric.  I also put some on the borders, making sure the prints were right direction.  

Edit:  Thought I would add this photo from when it was on the long-arm as it shows the back.









Nestled is on the left!

Then I assembled a big print for the back then folded it up as The Harmon Quilt was on the long arm machine.  After the tension problems on the long arm, I didn't want to put another quilt on and have to rip out more quilting.  So I decided to let it sit till school was out.  Once school was out, I watched a number of YouTube videos on setting the tension on an Innova machine and decided mine probably needed a lube job and deep clean, so I ordered what I needed.  After a trip to San Diego, the stuff came in and I rewatched the videos then added lube to the machine and set the tension like they said.  Sewed like a dream.  But I was still not sure I wanted to put a quilt headed for someone else on the machine so I took one of the tops I had made for me on the machine and quilted it.   It sewed like a dream.  So next came Nestled.  Loved the way it came out.  Hope Chloe enjoys it.  

Update:

Chloe had a birthday recently and here are a couple of pics of her with her quilt...


I hope she continues to use it and love it.  Makes my heart happy.

Sew on,

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment