Saturday, February 27, 2021

T-shirt Quilt #4

 Dear Readers,

The year is off to a great start quilting wise.  Hope your 2021 is going well.  I finished my second quilt this year.  It was a t-shirt quilt that I had started almost 2 years ago.  Taylor sent me a big box of T-shirts with ribbons tying certain ones together.  I did the other 3 quilts pretty quick, but then I kind of hit a block and could not seem to make myself do this last quilt.  I wasn't liking the quilt, as the fabric the client wanted me to use seemed too dark for the shirts to me.  Finally I got past it and completed this quilt.  

I hope Taylor likes it.  Once I added the quilting to it I liked it a lot better.  Celeste kept telling me you don't always like what a client likes, and that is OK.  




Close up of some of the quilting...I did echoed hearts on this shirt.



I found a piece of fabric at Cotton Blossom in Ridgeland that had little pine trees on it. Since Taylor lives in Colorado and wants this for their camp house I thought it was fitting, especially since black is her favorite color.  Let me tell you sewing that black binding down with black thread was very hard on old eyes.  

I haven't talked about this yet, but I have been making a pillow case to go with each quilt, as it is a good way to store quilts in a fabric that won't get hurt.  I put the extra fabric from the binding and the backing on the edge of it.  




Keep making everyday count.  Two months down and two quilts completed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment