Monday, February 15, 2021

Luminous

 Dear Readers,

I have my first finish of 2021!  It is another eye-spy quilt.  I know those are fairly simple, but I like how you get a different look depending on the theme and the setting color.  This one was for the a coworker at Winona High School who is about to have a baby.  I talked the her mother, and she said they like Alabama, Delta State, all sports, dogs and domesticated animals. Her husband is an Army vet and a police officer.   I also know that she likes flowers as those are the prints she has hung in her office.   Well, no one makes Delta State fabric, but I think I did incorporate lots of things that they love.



I picked a medium soft yellow for the border and the setting triangles.  I also found some Scrabble tile fabric and worked out how to put in her name.  With the yellow background I was trying to find a way to work in light or Sunshine into the name.  Will came up with Luminous.  

And as a stash buster, I am getting older prints and putting them together for backs.


We are in the middle of a winter storm here in Mississippi.  We are out of school but working from home for the day....and I would not be surprised if it was for the next few days.  I know a lot of the country is going through the same weather system. Stay safe out there.  

Sew on,

Terry




No comments:

Post a Comment