Thursday, December 22, 2016

A Jere' Funk Mystery Quilt

Hey all,

I don't know why I have had such a hard time keeping up with this blog this year...I really enjoy doing it.  This post should have been written around Thanksgiving!!!!

At the June Mississippi Quilting Association (MQA) they offer classes.  I took the class with Jere' Funk.  She sent fabric and cutting directions to do before you arrived to class.  With the class only being one day long, you would not make enough progress if you didn't have the cutting done ahead.



I decided I would like to have a Christmas throw and I had enough fabric in my stash to make the throw size without buying a thing!!  At the class I got about 8 blocks made (out of 20).

After I got home from the meeting, I was in full prepping for surgery mode as I was having replacement knee surgery in a month and in that time I also had a trip to Denver planned.  So I made about 10 pots of soups and package and froze them in individual servings.  I also trimmed all the shrubs, built some furniture and various other tasks to try to be ahead.

Christmas Hugs and Kisses  58 x 70


So during the fall, I finally got the blocks back out and finished them.  I only needed one seam to be done.   My friend Lauren came over for a sew day and I got them sashed then.  During the Thanksgiving holiday I rented my friend Lou Caffey's long arm and quilted it. After I got it home, I quilted Christmas words in the white area.  So it is done and hanging across the back of my love seat.

Rudolf
Merry

Christmas


All


I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Sew on,

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment