Sunday, April 3, 2016

Upholstery and two fabric quilts.

Dear Readers,

I spent most of the day trying to get the yucky upholstery off of a chair I bought soon after buying this house.  It has been sitting around, first in the garage, and last summer I brought it in and put it on a cafeteria table I have been using as a dining room table.  My son affectionately started calling it my large object de' art.  I made the cushion a month or so ago, but have been hesitant to start on the chair.  It is a wing back and I have never reupholstered a wing back chair.





I got the back legs off with no problem...I am having trouble getting the front legs off.  UGH!


When my hands would get tired, I would go sew on my two fabric quilt.  That is the theme of next years Mountain Quiltfest in Pigeon Forge.   It is going to be either a baby quilt or a small throw.  I am doing a stack and whack with the animal print fabric.  I don't have any more of the great orange I used in the safari stars quilt, but I have some animal footprint fabric I used on the back of another quilt that I think that will work.

Quilt on,

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment