Sunday, September 16, 2012

Postcards and block of the month

Hey all,

I finished both Craftsy Block of the Month blocks now, but for the life of me I don't know where I put the other block.  This one was not easy but it is done.  I like this one better than the other one.

This is one of block of the month.
Found the other one...it was on the bottom of the stack of fabric I have been using on these blocks!!  It is like the lost sheep...rejoicing here, till I looked at it closer.  Now I think I need to redo it...ugh.



 For one of our demo's this month I showed how to make a quilted postcard.  I made this for that purpose.  Finished it up after I got home, and wanted to post pictures of the finished product.
Completed postcard
 I draw a line down the middle, and then put lines on the right side for addresses and a place for a stamp.
I sew the quilted picture to a piece of heavy weight watercolor paper.  
One of the ladies at the meeting said she didn't understand what I was saying in the previous post on how to do the blocks for the Freedom from Cancer quilt that we are going to donate for relay for life.  I have gone back and (hopefully) clarified the write-up.  So please go back and reread that post and leave me a comment if anything is unclear.  Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment