Monday, May 21, 2012

May Block of the Month

I finally finished my two block from the craftsy block of the month and I made one to replace the sunny with a chance of hexies...(that will go on the back)....

This is a different variation on a log cabin block.

and another free form variation of that technique.

Then I made one based on my mom's paintings...but I am not sure it is right...I may redo it and put it on the back.  I actually really like it, but I plan to put creams for the sashing and I don't want it to fade into the sashings...so should I scale it down and put a light blue border around it?  That way it won't fade into the sashings...what do you think?

I cut two inch strips and cut them no longer than 4 inches, and then made sure I had a cream on the ends...
so I think it is a pretty good interpretation of the paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment