Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Break


This is one side of the quilt
This year for Spring Break, I spent a few days in SC. I saw my friend Sue Harmon who is in the process of kicking cancer's butt. I took her a quilt I made for all the friends who are helping her to sign and put their favorite scripture on.  I called it Archimede's Challenge
This is the other side.
Sue is doing great, and is staying really positive.  

After I left Sue and Bill's home, I stopped in Tryon, NC to see my brother Edwin and his wife Katrina.  They just bought a farm there.  Ed was carving their initials on one of the tree there...such a romantic! 


I was treated to seeing their horse's, 4 day old baby.  She was certainly pretty.  


Belle and her 4 day old baby.
After I left Ed and Kat's I headed to home, but decided to stop by the Mountain fest quilt festival.  I number of my quilty friend were there and some had won awards.  This years theme was "What tickles my fancy"
This was made by Judy Stokes.
Brenda Crownover made this one


Watana Cantrell's quilt.
:
Next year's challenge fabrics...and the theme is The Blue and the Grey:  Quilting America's Great Divide.

 30% of the quilt must be made from at least 3 of the 4 fabrics.


So I need to get my lesson plans and grades in so I am going to end with some eye candy from the show.








No comments:

Post a Comment