About a year ago I became aware of a pattern called Antelope Canyon that was gaining in popularity. Every time a class came available it did not fit my schedule. I bought the pattern and decided I would do it without a class, but then Jackson Quilters decided to get Marilyn Wilson to teach how to do the pattern. In addition, about 5 years ago my daughter and I spent a few weeks visiting 5 national parks. While on the tour of parks we went to the Navajo nation and visited Antelope Canyon. It is a super cool thing to do and we had a young Navajo student give us a tour through the slot canyon and it was amazing.
I took the class that Marilyn taught a JQ and got about half the quilt done that day. I was using up some of the maroons that I had bought to make the cowbell quilts. I still have enough for 1 or 2 more quilts. Even tho I used some on the front and some of them to make the back.
I quilted this with a pattern that reminds me of a topographical map. I enjoyed doing this quilt. I was assembling it at Quiltville Inn and luckily one of the other retreaters had done it and helped me do the final step to assemble, which is a little confusing, but otherwise it goes together pretty easily.
Sew on,
Terry
No comments:
Post a Comment