Sunday, February 18, 2024

Hidden Things

 Hi Readers,

I had a finish last week, but have not had a chance to update my blog.  I had taken a quick trip to North and South Carolina.  I stopped in North Carolina, and visited with my brother and his wife.  I had made a quilt for them last year, but decided they should have two, so they wouldn't have to share...so I gave them this quilt I made in 2022.  And in looking for a photo, I just realized I missed writing a post about this quilt.  I will take care of that tonight.


This post is about my latest finish.  I called it Hidden Things.  It is, wait for it, another eye spy quilt.  I haven't done one in a while, but Sue is having another grandson and I thought we would make an eye spy quilt.  So we picked animal prints as they had a theme of the great outdoors.  That is not what Sue was calling it, but it amounts to the same thing.  I found a really cool quilting pattern to put on it.  

The Front


This quilt was a group effort, Sue's mom Betty picked the hexies out of my hexi box, Sue was the ironer and I sewed.  

Close up of quilting

The back 


We had a good visit and got the top done, a sheet, got the back ready and Sue and Diane each embroidered some thing for Oliver James Harmon!!  I look forward to meeting you!

Sew on,

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment