Friday, November 17, 2023

Explorers - Updated!

 Hey Readers,

I went to the MQA Fall Gathering in Biloxi, and MQA hosted a shop hop in conjunction with the Gathering.  At one of the shops I found a National Park panel that had the emblem in the center and 63 of the national park posters on it.  I have always loved those posters so I picked one up and some fabric for a border.  

So all I did was put a border on the panel.  The back took just about as long, figuring it out and piecing it.  I used a bit of national park fabric I had left from Sue and Bill's quilt for the center stripe.  


The binding was also left over from Sue and Bill's quilt.  I was sewing it on and did NOT have enough, and that fabric was about 3 years old.  I was only about 30 inches short.   So I knew it was too old to go to quilt shops to find it, so I went to ETSY and found it there.  What a relief.  It came in the mail yesterday so I was able to put it on this morning.  

Here is the label.  Big thanks to Will, my son, for always being willing to get on the phone with me and discuss different names and verses.  


Sew on,

UPDATE: Sue and Bill sent me cute videos. Made me tear up...






Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment