Sunday, February 26, 2023

Welcome

  Hi Readers,

Last Spring as I was surfing the internet I found a Tula Pink kit (Pining for You) by Free Spirit, that I had been looking at for awhile on sale at 5 Monkey Quilt Shop in North Carolina!  So I took the plunge and ordered it.  I had a quilt retreat planned to go to in September, so I did all the cutting putting the parts for each pineapple in its own zip lock bag.  At the retreat I got about half the pineapples made and every once in a while I would pull it out and make a few more.  Well MQA put out an Unfinished Object Challenge (UFO) and I put the pineapple quilt on my list.  Each month you tackled a different one of your challenges.  I did not get the pineapple done in January.  But I did finish it in February.  

I had decided to custom quilt it and had watched the videos where Tula had talked about Angela Walters amazing quilting so I did a lot of things she did but tried to give it my own take.  I also tried to do something a little different on each pineapple except the ones with diamonds....I couldn't think of anything to do for those.  I also decided that each background color would get a different pattern.  I was thrilled with how this one came out.  








Instead of the rainbow back that Tula recommended I put her giant ladybugs on the back, because,  Why not?


My mother loved Pineapples and often said they symbolized hospitality so that is why I named it Welcome.  


This one has gone to live at Lauren's home.  

Sew on,

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment