Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chestnut Homestead's Garden

 Hey Readers,

This summer Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts offered a free mystery on her blog and YouTube channel.  She called it her Summer Mystery 2022.  I decided to play along and pulled a lot of grunge fabrics and neutrals to make the quilt.  I added an upper and lower border as I thought it would be more useful if it was a bit longer.  


So with the borders the quilt came out to be 64 x 74.  This is a really nice size for a throw.  I enjoyed the mystery and following her blog.  If you would like to follow it click here.  Will helped me name it and find a verse for the label.  Ed and Katrina have horses and Ed is a lawyer so Will came up with this verse:  



I didn't have a big enough piece for the back so I used this piece of civil war reproduction fabric with a few extra blocks that I made.  



This quilt is going to my brother and his wife in North Carolina.  Hope they enjoy it.

Sew on,


Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment